Every parent needs this! Before having a child I honestly paid very little attention to the ingredients in my food! When my son was born, I wanted to make more educated decisions about what we eat. This app has been a game changer. I love that sift will flag ingredients that are banned in other countries and linked to conditions such as attention deficit disorders. I’ve been scanning my son’s food for months and not only has it helped me make better choices for him, but it has inspired me to make healthier choices for me as well!
Here we provide Sift Food Labels V 4.4.2 for Android 4.4++ Your health shouldn't be a guessing game so let us navigate the sneaky label system for you.
Just scan the barcode of any food product and Sift Food Labels will translate the ingredients into easy-to-understand terms. No guesswork.
– Barcode scanning: over 400,000 foods are in our database.
– Translated ingredients: ingredients meant to trick you are translated into simple, easy-to understand terms.
– Flagged ingredients: Our food regulation laws aren't as strict as you might think and many ingredients used freely here are banned in other countries due to the serious health risk they pose. We'll flag these common ingredients for you.
– Lifestyle Support: We know how difficult it can be to eat healthy so we'll highlight foods with ingredients that are compliant with your needs. We currently offer support for the following lifestyles – Dairy Free, Gluten Free, No Added Sugar, Paleo, Vegan, Whole30.
Why is the transparency of our food labels so important?
– Food labels are complicated and often designed to trick you.
– Over 3,000 additives are approved for use in our foods.
– There are more than 60 different words used for sugar on our food labels.
– 80% of the foods in your pantry are likely to contain ingredients banned in other countries due to the serious health risks they pose.
We don’t care if you’re gluten free or a carbaholic, whether you’re dairy free or eat ice cream every night. Honestly, no judgement here. But we do believe that you should have access to honest information so that you are able to make an informed decision.
We appreciate feedback. Please email us at [email protected]/* */ if you have questions or suggestions.
if there is any problem please let us know. Write your problem in comment box below.